Sunday, September 26, 2004

smoking

so, i have been cutting back for a week and yesterday was my first full day without ciggarettes. today is day 2 and my head is in the clouds!!! this is what happens. ive been here before. maybe this is the last time. its tough, no doubt. and im the worst kind of smoker....i love it. but its just like a bad relationship-no matter how much you feel the love its just not good for you. so you have to walk away. i always go through a bit of an identity crisis when i try to quit. i dont get so much sensitive as i just feel very vulnerable. i also feel dumb for a while because my brain is basically going through a major resetting as its not running with certain chemicals anymore. i lose words, i forget simple things. it more than anything makes me want to hide out in my hotel room until i dont feel like im walking around naked anymore. 3 or 4 days.... so, this picture, taken in the uk as a joke, is now a reminder of why im doing this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the smoking thing Jenn Jenn. I only smoke on the weekends so day 1 and 2 are ok, but by wednesday of every week I am a mess. I have found myself getting cranky and short tempered. I don't have the patience for Cheyenne and I tend to withdrawl into myself and become quiet and spacy. But wow, it sure is fun to start again, haha. I love you and miss you doll!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Ah, nobody uses shock tactics quite as well as the British. The tv ads are even better. Hang in there, Jen ...

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like a lot of people I know are quitting smoking right now, and I almost feel bad when I have cigarettes in my truck waiting for me the next time I get a beer or go out or something; but in honor of all of these other people quitting I too am going to once again stop smoking all together! I do love the cigarette picture though! Sethly

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home