Thursday, September 30, 2004

stonehenge

so, these are my two favorite photos i took at stonehenge. i went there this summer and i was honestly a little dissapointed. its all roped off, and in fact until 4ish years ago you could walk right up and climb all over it. i understand-they are trying to preserve it. i guess i just expected to feel some kind of magic there but i felt nothing really. all of the wiccans in the the surrounding erea still go there for their holiday celebrations. a woman working the tour said that it is pretty cool to see all of them coming up the road in full ceremonial robes, chanting. (more cult stuff for zac) tonight i am in south dakota and im trying to figure out what to do after december. wish me luck (and love.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Never been to Stonehenge, and I don't think I'll ever bother, to be honest. I've been to some other, more-obscure Neolithic sites, and they were a lot more enjoyable because they're relatively untainted by the hordes of obnoxious American tourists. Giant's Ring outside of Belfast was nice because Kris and I were the only ones there (except for the fact that I couldn't get Kris to shut up for five minutes so I could enjoy the site in peace). Anyhow, you might find this article about Seahenge interesting. Unfortunately, that henge had to be removed for preservation purposes ...

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home