Thursday, November 04, 2004

when good dates go bad....

so, i met up with the car salesman guy last night and i would like to begin my tale with a quote from the book "love on a rotten day"
-"dont bother asking what you have done to upset him-everything you have done has upset him."
there is a reason they are called cancers. (okay-i KNOW there is a cancerian friend or two of mine who will read this and say "what the fuck!!!" just know-im not looking at you as a dating partner and that makes all the difference with this little gem of a sign. i know you are predisposed to wild sensitivity-dont take any of this personally!!!) cancer, the crab, the crabby. if he doesnt get his way he will scuttle under a rock and click his claws furiously until he has decided on the appropriate form of "punishment." plus what looks like devotion is closer to obsession-they DO NOT give up.
so, mr. man and i are having a good time. he drank a lot and suddenly went from being kind of reserved and gentlemanly to a P.P.M.-public pawing monster. and i am really trying to keep my cool and remind myself that maybe he is just nervous and he hasnt dated in a long time-yadda yadda. but when we ended up downtown with him insisting on getting a hotel room (and not accepting my no until i finally had to say "because i dont feel comfortable with it, thats why!) i realized mr. man is no mr. sweetheart. so i told him the best i could offer is to have another drink back at the bar we started at-aka-where my car was. back at the bar mr. man found it appropriate to stick his hand down the back of my pants and make creepy comments about my thong. the thing is i was attracted to him and if he wouldnt have been so pushy about it, he would have done a lot better. when not pawing, i acually enjoyed his conversation-but then the glazed look would come into his eyes and i knew i was in for round eight. BACK OFF!!!-i think, then when i found out he was a cancer i knew it was dead in the water. i am too much of a foot-in-the-mouth. i always end up upsetting cancers, and they are nasty retaliaters. i dated a cancerian punk in the uk for a few weeks and when i told him i just didnt see a future (i was on tour and leaving-he wanted me to marry him) he pouted and got drunk over several hours and then started a knock-down drag-out in the street with me! sheesh....
it could be worse-jessie had a "date" with a guy a few weeks ago that admitted to regular blackout drunks, and how in high school he soaked a shirt in bleach for two days and then when it was paper thin cutting it into small pieces and eating it over the course of a month or so. the man ate his shirt. what do you say to that?
(cricket, cricket, tumbleweed blowing by...........)
anyhow-oh well. i could run with this guy for a bit but whats the point when you can already envision an ugly ending. the fact that i had a nightmare about being trapped on a car lot last night is very telling. im sure mr. man will go on to make some woman stark raving mad, but it aint me babe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silvia said...

I was dating this guy, he is also a cancerian, and I can tell you, cancerians are "my way or no way". They are very persistent and compulsive. We were together for about 1 year and he didn't care too much for me. I was giving my all to him while he cared little. When I told him I didn't want to be with him anymore, he broke down and cried. I could not believe it. He started to become really obssessed. It was crazy for about 1 month. I was not mistreating him or anything. I was actually helping him to recover by giving him my love and attention. Big mistake! Yesterday we had a serious conversation and today he woke up in good spirit and decided he will let me go and he will be fine. After much crying yesterday and for the past several days, GOD has finally opened his eyes and he is now, as he says, feeling much better and understands I don't want him anyomore. Our relationship was good while it last. I was too good for him. I came to a conclusion that it is not worth to be crying for a man or a woman. Love will grow inside you. If you love someone so badly, you need to look inside yourself and realize you love you first before loving another person. Anyway, I am feeling good today and ready to move on my life. It is a new day and a new beginning for me...good luck to you on your next date.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(laughing over zacks 'car dealership' sex comment)..."every article of clothign must go......we can finance you immediately at the motel 6" he heh...

Jen: you shouldn't ever bring me again to be a charactor witness for any potential dates....... note: i did innitially meet Jim morrison impersonater as well--he was another (pardon the altered cliche') pig, creep, stalker, sicko, in sheeps clothing.

..... i'll go w/ you to the dealership to pick up the green slip. as nikki would call it...i'll cock block you. jess

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought I had had some winners in my time! This guy sounds like he was really something else! Although I must also say that Zachs comments were pretty funny, Talk about trying to really close the deal! Atleast in hte end, you gave him a story to tell his buddies about how this one time he went out with a really great girl, but then she never called him again and he doesnt know why??? Keep your head up, I know your Mr. right has to be right around the corner for you. Sethly

5:36 PM  
Blogger lightaqua said...

wow! all the love and support! thanks guys.
and yes, it could have definately been classified as that creepy-he was all about closing the deal. i wonder if he regrets the great price he gave me on the car.....

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home