Thursday, October 14, 2004

the agony, the ecstacy (or-where did my job go?)

so, i wouldnt say that i lost my job. i would say that my company is going through financial reconstruction, and someone up the food chain said massage therapy is a luxury-not a necessity. i will go on
(dramatic sniff)
its kind of funny acually because i having been feeling "over it" as i have mentioned. and the company is big on taking care of their employees so i have a nice severance, and i can begin collecting unemployment right away. the tour was due to end in two months anyway. ive already gotten all the good out of it.
but, its still a bit hard. jobs, just like relationships-its always better to be the one who walks away. everyone was so great when i left. at the end of the show my last night everyone in the cast knew where i was sitting and after bows they all waved at me and blew me kisses in the audience.
(sigh...)
i will miss those guys-even the frog. at the airport i couldnt stop crying because it was so weird to be at an airport without 40some other people. it can be fun traveling with that many people-people think you are in a cult. :)
but, anyways...now im in florida with my family and i already have another job (if i want it.) yesterday i went to sanibel island. they have a wildlife rehab place there i have been in touch with and i spent the day there working and was offered a job starting mid-feb.
i could do it. its a lot of hard work, but the baby sqirrels and skunks are so cute! they give you an apt. to live in and a stipend to live on. basically its one of those things you just do for the love of it. i have this romantic idea of myself working on the island, being very stoic-a loner. getting really lean and really tan from being outside all the time. its something new-we will see. i have some time to decide. right now im just isolating at grandma's, licking my wounds and figuring out my next move. i will be back in las vegas, and cheers in one week. who knew?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Damn, Jen, you always land the most interesting jobs. I don't know how you do it ...

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home