Monday, November 08, 2004

unhealthy relationship with karma

so, when i was 21 i was working in the las vegas city animal shelter. i worked in shelter intake-where animal control comes in and where people drop off their unwanted pets (bastards.) so one cold nov. morning i was the first to show up and there is a box waiting. i sighed. this is nothing new. but there was a note-"my name is karma. my owners cant help me because im injured. please help me." and inside is the ugliest, sickest kitten i have ever seen. karma has broken his rear leg. he has an upper respitory infection, a gastro-intestinal infection. he has ear mites. in short, karma could not get much worse. i sigh again because i know what lies ahead for this little one-blue juice. (good-night folks)
i had already fostered kittens till they were coming out my ears-(side note-hands down best moment of my life-fostering a mother with six kittens, taking a nap and getting surrounded my mom and kits on every side till i was wrapped in a warm, purring ball of love)-and it only took a second to decide. i took on karma. my friend mich later said-oh, you are trying to heal karma.....
he got better, and i never returned him. i had invested too much love in saving him. there was a period when i thought he was too far gone, but he made it.
well, the cat believes he IS my boyfriend. he gets jealous, moody, he wants every tiny bit of my attention. if i disagree he sulks, stalks me (a scary period we have thankfully grown out of.) he will crawl on my chest and stare into my eyes for an unnerving amount of time. he attacked a guy i was having sex with once-in the moment.
i dont share this with prospectives. men seem to sometimes have problems with cats anyway so it seems foolhardy to tell a guy beforehand "if he gets a crazy look just stay still and dont breathe audibly."
i may have healed karma but now i have a life partner that i can never shower with, or go to dinner, ect. what do you do with an unhealhy karmic relationship?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will testify that Karma is one clingy little love machine w/ jen. Girl you s hould totally ask Karma if he wants to get a bite to eat sometime. 'how bought a movie?'.... Actually, you should probably just ask him if he wants to be perminately attached to your face.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought karma was a cool cat and had no fear of being attacked during.....once he even told me"dude, i've got her wrapped around my tail like nobodys business" i was all about it so we did the bro down and i was like" yo, i'll check you later cat" and he was like "word"
i guess you just have to know how to talk to people....and cats.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home