Tuesday, December 07, 2004

happy birthday to me

so, yesterday was my birthday. im doing a lot better in the last few weeks, and now i have had the best birthday. yesterday i was having a hungover brunch with a sweet friend of mine-the wind was blowing the trees around-the energy-just cannot explain-but it felt perfect. it felt like life could not be any sweeter than this moment. i have a life full of beautiful friends who love me. i have done the things i wanted to do. the last year of my life has been a mecca of travel and experience. i had a lovely dinner with my mom last night and i just had to tell her-"if anything happens to me, never look at it as tragic because my life has been amazing and i have gotten so many wonderful things out of it." jessie and i are so morbid-we think about our deaths. we have a pact to be each others suicide-assist person in case of a debilitating accident or something. but, i really love her for this. i always felt freaky but she gets me. its good to know that if ever wind up on a ventilator as a veggie that there is someone who is committed to putting air bubbles in my iv drip. i got a lot of cool presents, which is totally about the gesture. its been years since i got a birthday gift. im just feeling so at peace. thinking of going back to school. not running-staying here. putting down some roots and seeing if i can change the things i want to change without marooning myself on an island. not quite sure yet, we will see. i ran into someone i had a crazy amount of love for over the weekend. our talk was so good. it felt so good to be close. he still has feelings, he feels its not done. i feel justified for still feeling the way i do for him. when i saw him my heart stopped for a second....
im going to dallas this weekend for the close of the show. even though i had to leave early i felt like i would be unhappy if i wasnt thre for the close. then jess and i are renting a car and driving to austin. i cannot wait for this. the death anniversaries of my dad and my lovely aunt are this week along with my birthday, so i have to work to keep my spirits up-to stay happy. on the way to austin i have a treasure map of sorts that will show my something i have wanted to see for a long time, a place i wanted to someday be at home at. im very excited. i feel so incredibly blessed right now. good friends, happy life. and now i get to go see one of the coolest shows ever, and say goodbye to that time in my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

I am already imagining waht types of death fantacies we will come up with on the plane to Dallas. We will probably have to get drunker than drunk to deal with the combinations of you, me, and a PLANE.... I cannot beguin to tell ya how much i enjoy you........ glad your birthday went so good.... Glad you didnt end up in jail. Glad you didn't overdoce...and i'm glad to overhear creepy, SO CREEPy, pick up lines. jess

4:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle Bloom said...

i am so happy you are happy and happy to see you blogging again! heres to life death, this world, and the world beyond!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home