Tuesday, October 19, 2004

insomnia, my dark master

so, i have insomnia. my old friend insomnia that seems to gain strength with each day. as i laid awake, i realized something-i have started every written post with the word so. and it wasnt intentional! and i didnt know for sure, so i got on up, went through all the shit of starting up grandma's computer and had to check. (and sure enough i have-except for the "attention" message but that was written by the administrator so it doesnt really count.) you see, i realized it was an "insomnia trigger type" thought. something completely useless and random that i will wonder about ALL NIGHT LONG
unless i go find the answer. it kind of ties into my whole ends-of-the-earth-girl thing. which is a nickname jessie gave me because if i decide i want something, or i need to know something (and i need to know everything!!!) or i just feel i have a mission of sorts i will stop at nothing until its mine, i know, or i have done it.
i dont choose to look at this as a problem, i will call it a quirk.
a quirk of mine. like the time i decided 2 years ago i had to contact my 9th grade physcology teacher to let him know he made a difference, or when i wanted to look up a friend from jr high but i couldnt remember his last name so i spent three hours going through yearsbooks (in the office at my old junior high-i dont remember being that small...) or my all time favorite-the book. couldnt remember the title, the author, nothing. knew it was my favorite when i was little. this search took years, literally. i searched card catalouges all over the country, any where i was. never gave up, finally found it. turns out it was french and very rare. i paid almost eighty dollars for it if i remember right. as i write this i feel a faint despair. who will love this crazy girl? my friends love me but they dont have to live with me and be my lover. i mean i think im a pretty great girlfriend to have, but maybe im not. maybe all my loves were too kind to state the facts-"girl, you are crazy!"
wait a minute, oh yeah...they have all told me that. um....
then i would like to think that im a cute, eccentric type of nut.
(but maybe, just maybe im not. and if so, what kind of freak am i going to have to find to stay forever? i shudder to think.)
i think i should take the job in florida. tour has left me spoiled, weak. too much money, not enough work. sounds crazy right? its a recipe for disaster, its not a healthy balance-trust me! i need something to make me hard. solitary confinement and hard labor is probably exactly what i need to straighten me out. its a very small island. and a LOT of hard work.
its nights like tonight when for one nano-second i wonder if i should have left my ex-husband and then i immediately think ICK!!! OF COURSE! i had "stability" but at a very steep price. he was a vice slowly crushing my spirit. i luckily escaped with it all intact. most of the time i forget i was ever married because when i was i felt like i was in my forties! now, i usually feel in the 20-22 range. im only 27.
i feel i should go to florida and really test myself, because im intimidated by it. keep pushing my limits, always.
but all i want right now is sweet, sweet sleep. the ability to quickly fall asleep on a regular basis is a blessing. if you are able to do this there is always something you can be grateful for.

3 Comments:

Blogger lightaqua said...

see, proof positive!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that you described is what makes you so great. Thank God you aren't just like all those other girls out there, and you are so special, I wouldn't want you any other way! Sethly

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your abiltity to reflect upon yourself with such humor and complete honesty of feeling...I think Florida would kick your ass in that good slightly masochistic way that causes growth and expansion, use your insanity well, and keep writing about your personal hell, its the juicy stuff! --Meesh

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home