Wednesday, February 02, 2005

happy girl

so, hooray! a happy post!!! (trust me-this wont get dark, i promise.) today was really a great day. and i needed it! first, i really thought i owed money to the irs but in a sweet twist of fate, oh no-they owe me. then my first english paper that has been hovering over my head like a virus somehow just flowed out of me. its a personal experience paper and i chose to write about when i was in greece and deciding to divorce m. it came out really good i think. maybe i will post it on here some time for the hell of it. i weave a picture...
then i took my first test in med. terminology and aced it. it really gave me a boost i needed to not feel like im crazy for trying this.
and in a happy turn of events the universe bitch-slapped jess (it was funny, im not being mean) and gave me an interesting suprise. so, jess is saying i should maybe consider not being at the bar so much since sweet man and i are just friends now. and we are going back and forth a bit, and she says "well, you're not going to meet anyone here." and it wasnt ten minutes before someone very special walked in. last august jess and i went to a show and behind me a i heard this guy laugh and it turned me around, literally. and attatched to that laugh is someone i can only describe as my idea of wonderful man. i was really interested in him, but he was busy doing stuff and i never got a chance to talk to him. (well, i acually tried at one point vaguely, but he was distracted.) i had no idea he was with the band! so now its been months and this guy walks in. he looks familiar but i cant place him. jess gives me the look. we know each other so well-she has spotted "my type of man" and she knows it. i get a little rush, and after a bit we are all talking. then we all figure it out. he is very cool!!! and i honestly dont give a shit that he is in a band-its just that great laugh. i would bet money he has scottish heritage, i feel it. in any case, i would also bet money he has a girl so, what can you do? but, it was nice. it was like the universe telling us-dont lose faith, dont assume. i needed to be reminded of that. i have also gotten very logical about what i want. my crap over sweet man isnt about him. its about being lonely and thats it. and that is not a good enough reason to attatch myself to someone else. i want a partner in crime, real love and i know its out there. i can wait for it. i am fine on my own. i will be happy forever. my words will be beautiful, ect. (and even when they are ugly they will still be honest.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Bloom said...

yay jenn. being alone is not so bad at all. i am learning to enjoy it, and when its a tough or frustrating night of longing i know it will pass like bad weather. and when you create space for the good love, the good love has a way to come on in. show your paper on blog, i want to read it!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home