Tuesday, January 18, 2005

fantasy

so, i remembered something recently that i had forgotten. about what i wanted to look like when i was little. its just funny how kids perception are so different than what we want as adults. i didnt care about being skinny, or boobs, or anything. i wanted to have violet colored skin, and long emerald colored hair (or the reverse would have been acceptable.) i think it was a 'my little pony' that started this. also i wanted silver eyes because there was this book called "the girl with silver eyes" and she was a misfit, but seemed cool and was kind of psychic or something.
and wings. big, real, working wings. like an angel's but just for everyday living. and the only power i wanted was the ability to communicate with any animal or living creature that was not human. and i would spend all my time flying around and being with animals. its just funny to me how lately ive bemoaned feeling like a monster, a mutant, a freak-when as i little kid it was all i dreamed about. weird.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Bloom said...

yeah, in many ways adulthood is a conspiracy, lie, hoax, and load of crap. when i was young i wanted to be punk. hate society. make art. write poetry. fight the bad people. and look weird. i was so enchanted by the punks. like urban fairies they were to me. and the ones i knew in DC really were....ahhh, childhood innocence, i miss it so so much. good blog.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Wow, I completely forgot having read that book when I was a kid until you mentioned it. Maybe that's what started my recurrent dreams about developing psychic powers ...

4:41 PM  
Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

that would be cool if you had violet skin...I would take you around town and charge people money to meet you....it sounds like a cool money making scheme to me ;) you've got to stop w/ this monster thing... for the millionth time...Repeat after me jen: "I am not a monster. I am a cool-ass girl who in no way, shape, or form, resembles a mutant". ;)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home