Thursday, January 27, 2005

blah, blah, blah

so, i dont know how to start this blog. well, school started this week. it has alternately been fun and terrifying. i still am not sure if im even doing the right thing, and for about four hours on tues. i seriously considered dropping out and becoming a bartender. im in a weird place today. i have a bad hangover (broken record syndrome.) luckily, my class (that i pitifully dragged myself too) let out after a half hour. (first day, introductions are quick.) im meepy. for those who dont know what that is-remember "beaker" from the muppets? well, he made that sound whenver the crazy professor was up to something-meep-meep-MEEP. its a silly, sad little sound that is desperate, afraid, hopeful. it really encompasses a whole range of human emotion in one little sound, and often its the perfect example of how im feeling. meepy. (kind of like bleary-blurry, tearful, too much beer.) anyway, last night i had bad dreams. real bad, like where people i care about turn on me, hurt me. dreams of insecurity, basically. i was told by the sweet man (in my dream) to stay out of the bar, to get a life. i know this is my subconcious, not him, but im still bummed. because this means my little innermost person is very displeased with me lately-with my choices. i was told recently i have terrible taste in men-and this was from an ex who added that he was included in that! he suggested a dating service since "im one of the very few who literally should not be able to pick on my own."
this didnt bother me at all-its kind of funny in a hang my head in my hands kind of way. my throat is sore today from screaming like a banshee all the way home last night while driving. this is unusual for me. normally keep it in, stay reserved, dont look ugly. last night i met a man in the bar who can bend metal. for real. he did it twice right in front of me. first with my coin, then with a key i dont use. between his thumb and forefinger with my face inches away. i saw it just melt over for lack of a better way to put it. no tricks. he was even drunk, its just something he was born with. its left me with a slightly unsettled feeling of awe. there is the divine, and the ordinary. and once in a great while there is someone who falls in-between; its not often you are in the company of someone like that. his website for anyone interested is "whatdidijustsee.com"-check it out.
i think between the dream last night, and some other stuff going on-im done. i am determined to have a better life. im at the point where im not having fun anymore-it feels like im punishing myself for something enstead. and thats just ridiculous. i used to smile constantly, and now it feels kind of unnatural when i do. school is so good for me. its already brought my mind into focus. i like being in class, i like having instructions to follow and assignments to complete. i have always liked school. and i am so grateful that i have the ability to be in school, so i know i wont blow it off over any of this other shit. its time to get right with myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Bloom said...

i love your entries. there is no better way for me to feel your heart long distance meeper. i like your "little most inner person" thats brilliant. you oughtta do my little most inner person comics. remember when she was walking up the mountain all day only to get to the top and yell "where is the understaning"? then walk back down.... keep expressing yourself, keep writing, i will pressure you till a cow comes home.

7:21 PM  
Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

jen...i couldnt help but to laugh about zacks idea for the dating service...Its too funny..... i hope you don't become a bartender either...for obvious reasons..... but at the same time, you know i would totally come in and get free hookups from you all the time ;) I've got plenty to say about your blog entery but u know i'll just say it in person..i love ya girl, youhang in there, and no beating up on my friend that way you hear! jess

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home