Saturday, May 21, 2005

kamikaze:5 bars, 8 hours, 10 beers

so, last night was cacacacrazy! my girl is out of town so i was on my own for the night and i supose in my usual fashion i wanted to see just how far i could take it.
it was the kind of night you could never have with another human in tow because there would be too much discussion, decisions. i love having my partner in crime with me, but it was kind of cool to completely follow my own rhythm. and god-what a night! i started at bar.1 which im amazed didnt put a damper on things. its a new bar that ive really been enjoying, and i liked talking to one of the bartenders last week. well, he didnt seem to even recognize me! and we had talked for awhile just last week!!! not only that, he was animated and cool before but last night he just wasnt talking period. so ironically, sweet man, another bartender, called to ask if i was heading to his place. i told him i had planned on it, and he asked if i could grab him several red bulls (which no doubt means he spent all day drunk and now had to start work with little or no sleep.) i told him sure because he always takes care of my drinks. once i got there and he ordered me a drink (#2) i was curious about the apparent return of his sweetness, but i didnt want ask about tweety. suddenly....
two strong hands grabbed my side and dug into my ribs. a mystery man???? no, but still a great suprise-it was my dear friend lars and her girlfriend. they had just come from some ultimate fighting show and stopped by figuring surely i would be at the bar-how well my friends know me :) so i got to hang out with them and have a few drinks. after they went, some guy went nuts in the bar talking about walking across america for "peace" and screaming for someone to call the police. sweet man asked him to leave, but the guy was still screaming for the police to be called so sweet man obliged. im generally not a fan of cops and bars together (which is funny because of something that would happen later...) so i told him i would be back around later and headed to bar.3. it sucked. i cant really say more than that-i was in and out quick and with four beers i was starting to get a buzz so i headed for gilleys on the strip. i love the country bar-i cannot help it. i saw a few people i know and then ran smack into an old ex. currently single, he walked me to the bar so we could talk for a minute. when we dated he was a nice guy, too newly divorced. now he seems, well, dirtyish. he is a cop (and in a bar) so i asked if he was still at the airport and he said he's now a motorcycle cop. so i asked playfully if hw was ever going to pull me over. he said, "nah, im just going to take you to my house, out in the garage, put you over the cycle and fuck the shit out of you. i'll call you." and walks away, leaving me standing there a bit stunned. im all for all kinds of sexual shenanagins-but wow!!! i was just trying to say hi to an ex. i have never been to fond of the expression "fuck the shit out of you" anyway. it brings a gross image to mind-and he didnt sound sexy saying it-he sounded bitter and a little mean. i think he had that woes-me, women only want me for sex or some such bullshit attitude going on. i downed my beer (#6) and left immediately. and headed to bar.5 where there is (get ready to be suprised....) another hot bartender i enjoy. but aaron is different. he is someone i probably would never want anything with but im so attracted to him as a person. he is punk like mad, but polite and interesting. i want to have a time to hang out with him and pick his brain. he acts kind of daffy at work, but he has some very thoughtful things going on under it. by now, i was getting about drunk which makes the next hour kind of shameful. the 5th bar is very close to home (less than 10 minutes on backstreets) so i didnt feel too bad about driving. but then i got itch i just had to go fucking scratch. back to sweet man's bar just out of curiousity. well, tweety is gone-i was right. however the only thing making him sweet is new love-he is moving in with a girl he met 2 months ago. i didnt laugh-i almost did, but then i remebered when i have moved quickly in my past. then i get caught up in a conversation with a gay girl ive seen around. she asked for my #, and i was drunk so i gave it to her-then beat myself up later. i didnt want to give her the wrong idea. something in me-some littleinner voice expressed the opinion that i had had enough and it was time to go home. and that thought held until i got to charleston and i found myself turning left instead of right. i went back to aaron's. and we talked, and it was cool. (two more beers-sweet jesus-what was i THINKING!!!!)
at some bleary point i looked over and realized it was daytime (gulp!) there is NOTHING i hate more than driving home drunk in daylight. its so....i dont know-just too much-gone too far-something. so i sped home (safely, on backstreets) and passed out. today, i suffered a bit. at least i kept the sense not to do any shots. so, that was my cool night of random craziness in vegas.
now, its 10:17 pm. time to put my boots on.

2 Comments:

Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

Ok i just now officially read this for myself. Ok. obnoxious, hypacritcal of me perhaps but here goes my bitch slap but it's only cuz i love you to death: JEN NO DRINKING AND DRIVING ladY!!! Do you want to end up in a jail cell with creepy killer butch dikes threating to fist you? Oh and you KNOW you are juts the motha fucka to have that sort of karma be pulled on you. : ok. we need to start taking cabs. walking. hitchhiking. actually finding a sober friend to be designated. or um. calling your mom at 3 int he morning. OR nikki (if she hasnt smoked) and picking our drunk asses up.

7:22 PM  
Blogger lightaqua said...

okay, okay-the anonymous commenter was me. i was just leaving it before some stranger did. believe me, i know im bad (but i really have a good heart, just ask all my drunk friends....)
in any case, im NOT proud of the times i kind of lose my head. and i dont want to inspire anyone to do this kind of behaviour. i am no role model-just a person with bad judgement.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home