Thursday, May 26, 2005

NYC

so, tonight i am going to new york to see my friend dm, and trevor from the tour. since i have been off the road and gotten used to not flying once a week, im having my usual pre-flight "i will surely die tonight" rumminations about my life. im nervous, i cant pack, im trying to figure out how to not go. and how stupid is that?
i do this all the time. it was awful on tour. i was positive i was going to die. i dont like being in planes-its not natural. my last several flights i have been piss-drunk just to deal with it. so, instead of having this dramatic running dialouge in my head (that is seriously preventing me from packing) i will blog it.

"if i die tonight...."
"i would want my friends to know how absolutely vital and wonderful they are, and im including my mom here-she is a most special friend to me. (if i die, jess, you have permission to bring her here.) i hope my last thought would be of summer, the sun, my Karma, and love. i hope that my mom would be okay. my friends would be charged with looking after her. i would want mich to get my jewelry and distribute it. i was going to talk about cremation, but if we are going with the "death by fiery plane crash" scenario that probably isnt nessecary. i wish i had perfect spelling, and a baby. all in all, its been a pretty great life-if i had any pain at the thought of it ending, it would only be that i havnt found HIM yet and had a baby. i would probably be a "hoverer" so if i die look for little signs that im still with you. i really want to see what happens with lost and alias, so i would have to stick around for awhile. oh god, im just not ready. i dont want to die-im young and still semi-hopeful. see, this is where it gets out of control. i look just like any other person walking through the airport, but if you could hear whats going on in my head...a docter would probably be called to sedate me. in reality-a plane is taxying for takeoff, in my head-WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! STOP THE PLANE!!!! PLEASE....HELP ME...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH. sniff...whimper
in reality-a pocket of wind, a bit of turbulence, in my head-I WARNED YOU ALL!!! THIS IS IT!! DEATH BE NOT PROUD!!!!
in reality-we are approaching the landing strip, in my head-BRACE YOURSELVES, HERE IT IS, EXPLOSION IN 3,2,1....
okay, just because we are on the ground doesnt mean we are okay. WE ARE SURELY ABOUT TO BE HIT BY ANOTHER INCOMING PLANE!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHH!
usually by point im am close to passing out from holding breath. this is ridiculous.
i HAVE to pack, or i will literally miss my flight. okay, alright. so, goodbye everyone. take care, follow your hearts. im proud of...well...most of you. JustKidding!!! if i die tonight, please remember me."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn, you are so funny, your blogs make me laugh so much...I hope that you have a great time in NYC, hopefully you will take one of those plane rides and visit Seattle soon. Love, Lissy

1:51 AM  
Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

Jen you are a FREAK~! You and your morbit death stuff... Repeat after me: "i will not die from plane crashes, or other freak accidental randomness"....

4:19 PM  
Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

:( i miss you! NYC give me back my jen.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you die I get my ring, your soul, back... Just remember that when Mitch gets all your jewlery. Oh, but since you have been here already and are home, and we had a BLAST, I know that ring is staying on your finger. I love you and had a great time.
*singing* We call it fun but some may call it madness....

3:28 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

love is strange and leaves a bad taste in your mouth when it goes bad. Even when it is good there seems to be an expiration date.

And some of us, just keep going even when that date is far gone. Then its like eating mold

12:09 PM  
Blogger lightaqua said...

i am allergic to mold-so it would in fact kill me. okay-well maybe thats just morbid death stuff. it probably wouldnt kill me-but i would surely end up in the hospital. and i have a strict policy of not putting anything in my mouth that leaves a bad taste :)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home