Thursday, August 25, 2005

febreze my life

so, this morning as i was using one of my favorite things, febreze, i realized how much i wish they made a febreze that i could simply spray all over my life. for those not in the know-febreze is this lovely product that you spray on stinky things to make them nicer. like me-at ten am (still drunk) tring desperately to get the scent of alcohol/ciggs/bar funk/b.d.l. off me before going to work. why not shower you ask? because when you make bad desicions at night it comes down to getting twenty more minutes of sleep-to get you twenty minutes further from the night before. which brings me to today. i know there is a universal force out there-and it has a wicked sense of humour. i know this because although i will go have a beer (or 5) the night before work i will NEVER get trashed because i simply respect the people who are coming to me and i would not want to dissapoint them. but, im a definitivly imperfect human. i fell from grace last night. i kicked myself violently as i poured half a bottle of febreze on myself. and i prayed for a moderately slow day. well, when i got to work i quickly discovered how much bad karma i have. they decided that a new 80 minute body treatment needed to be tested out-on a manager-by ME!!! no joke-i actually did start praying at that point.
"please universe, please let me not smell too much like a brewery. please let the makers of febreze realize their lovely product MUST be tested on alcohol-soaked, ciggerette-infused idiot girls. please somehow infuse me with a grace that i dont deserve right now to be able to do this for my manager and do it well." then it just kind of dissolved into a mindless mumble of "pleasepleaseplease....."
i did it. luckily, he's a really nice guy. all of my managers are actually wonderful.
i dont think anyone at work realizes quite what a crazy life i live outside of work. most of the people there are beautiful, fantastic people-but-they are mostly married,a lot of them are religious. i just dont think i would be understood if they knew. im just at a different place in life then them. except deb, maybe.
this weekend i got to hang out with my coworker, deb. deb is like a valkyrie. i can see her as this incredible warrior women. i gave her access to this writing, so now i can no longer consider her a coworker. she is simply my friend. hi deb :)
the funny thing is tonight is my friday and im so exhausted i can barely move. and still my wanderlust propels me on. my cranky inner six-year old is whining, "please just STOP you dummy!" blech....febeze my life quick-its getting stinky....

2 Comments:

Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

out pops the tenticals in the form of scent. There should be a whole line of incents and perfumes aimed at idiot girls and boys. "get the stench of skank out of your bed Spice Candles", "Let not the Mormans know I'm a drunk" Pefume, "I sware honey, that is not the smell of meth amphetamines Calone" ...need i go on?

8:15 PM  
Blogger anexcitingpatient said...

WRITE MORE ALREADY GIRL ;)

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home