Thursday, November 29, 2007

old timey psychic work

tonight i remembered this time when i was hitchhiking...i was 16 and trying to get back home from across town. i probably wouldn't do it now, but back then i hated the bus and thought everybody was full of love. so as i was getting in the truck i see written in the dust,"wash me, BOB." so after a few minutes of small talk i say quietly, "so....is your name bob?" and the guy's eyes get huge and he's asking me how i know that....

so i tell him im psychic, its a gift i was born with. and i keep the ruse going the whole way. it was kinda hilarious. i didn't feel bad because he seemed so happy by it.

flashforward years...im sitting in a bar and the guy next to me says, "hey, i can bend metal." i think of my trick and smirk to myself UNTIL he bends a coin, a small spoon, and finally my house key (yeah-at this point my mind is blown-completely.) im asking him how? how? and he tells me he was born with it.

this was no trick, no anything. he killed my own key by rubbing it between his fingers. i still have it, bent in half to remind me that things that cannot be explained exist. i left that night so happy and remembered the happiness of BOB. i think that getting a glimpse of something special, out of the everyday realm reminded me what it was like to be a kid. and that was cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home